After spending most of the morning on the beach we decided to drive to the Olivine Pools for some hiking and beautiful views. Since it was a little later in the day Mike decided to go the back way to the pools. If you ever visit Maui do not, I repeat, DO NOT drive that stretch of road. I was incredibly terrifying! Think- 6 foot wide road, sheer cliff drop offs, no guard rails, hair pin turns, no way to pass on coming traffic, turn around, or stop. I feel like I'm pretty adventurous but I was in tears. Seriously, don't ever do it! The views if you could manage to look up were amazing but my head was down most of the time. Towards the end of the narrow section we came to a point where another car was coming towards us. He had to back up along the cliffs until we got to a point we could pass him. I wasn't convinced it was wide enough for us to pass and seriously wondered if I'd make it back to see my babies. Terrifying!
The pools were a fun stop but definitely travel the safe way around even if it is longer.
Mikey at the end of the rainbow.
Hiking down to the pools.
The ocean crashes over the walls to create the pools.
A wave about to crash down on Mike.
Beautiful coast
After the terrifying drive we decided to spend our last day at the beach instead of more driving. We will miss these sunsets...
...and waking up to this view every morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment