Friday, February 10, 2012

Hawaii Day 1

You may remember that for our 10 year wedding anniversary Mike gave me a trip to Hawaii.  Well the time finally came.  I weaned Calvin, found wonderful family and friends to watch our kids, packed and cleaned like crazy and we were off.  Day one was spent mainly traveling.  We had a 3 1/2 hour flight to Phoenix followed by a 7 hour flight to Oahu.  We were up to 2 the night before packing so although we were quite tired we had a hard time sleeping on the plane.  I bought a neck pillow in Phoenix which helped some but we were still pretty tired.  Although I have to say that traveling sans kids is relaxing in of itself.  We watched a few movies, played  several games of cribbage, read and talked.  By the time we landed rented the car, did a quick grocery shop for breakfasts and lunch the next few days, and made it to our hotel it was dark and pretty late.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...