Sunday, October 18, 2009

Feeling under the weather...





















Last week Mike was pretty sick with flu-like symptoms. (He never got tested but I'm guessing just the regular flu.) Friday Anna came down with it and today the rest of us succumbed and are feeling under the weather. It is a bummer to feel so sick and have to take care of sick kids. I guess we'll be cancelling our activities for the week in hopes of not spreading this any further.

On a brighter note my mom is coming for a visit a week from tomorrow. We have one week to get better and disinfect the house. I've already made chicken noodle soup and we had oranges (for the vitamin C) with dinner tonight. Any other tips for quick recoveries?

5 comments:

D said...

Hope you feel better soon! If your throat hurts I have a nasty concoction for a lemon honey drink that clears out the gunk (for adults- not kids- they wouldn't like it.) But it works well. Other than that, get lots of rest. A humidifier always works well too. Vit C throat lozenges too.

Sheralie said...

Oh darn. It is so hard to be Mom when you are sick too! I usually take the doctor's orders very carefully: plenty of rest (and movies and movies and movies) and drink lots of fluids (juice and pudding and ice cream galore) I suppose this is why my children "like" being sick . . . I am glad your Mom is coming soon!

Lori said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Erin said...

So sorry you're sick Niki! I've been thinking about you guys all week. Love you!

Elizabeth said...

The crud is everywhere! Hope all are better soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...