This morning we woke up to this...

It seems like fall just arrived and now we are faced with winter- welcome to Minnesota! The first snow fall is always so exciting (the kids are out there playing in it right now), but I can't help and think I'd be a little more excited to see this if it were a little later than October 10th. I haven't even finished buying all the winter coats and gear for this year so Anna is out there in a sweatshirt & gloves. It could be a long winter ahead... I just hope that spring follows suit and arrives early as well.
Here are my cute matching girls- I could resist. I love when I can find matching outfits that fit them both.
A few days ago I made these gourmet chocolate caramel apples for my friend Caree that won my giveaway several months ago. I individually wrapped them so she could keep them or give some away. I made a batch for FHE last week and sent one to Adam's teacher. These are really yummy and make a nice teacher thank you gift. They are especially good with honeycrisp apples (native of Minnesota).
Lori & Dana- I'm still working on something for you. I haven't forgotten.

(recipe courtesy of Williams Sonoma via my friend Jackie)
24 oz. Brachs Milk Maid Caramels (80)
24 oz. Guitard Milk Chocolate Chips
3 Tbsp. White Corn Syrup
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
6 Fugi Apples
Parchment paper
Optional coatings: white chocolate drizzle with graham cracker crumbs, sliced almonds, finely chopped nuts, crunched Heath Bar, chopped pretzels, mini M&M’s or mini chocolate chips, marshmallows & nuts, . These just add a little extra to the taste and look of the apples but they still taste great with out a coating.
Wash and dry apples. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Pour corn syrup & vanilla over caramels in microwave safe dish. On full power microwave for 4-5 minutes, stirring at 1 minute intervals. Cool slightly. Firmly place a stick in each apple and dip. Place apples on parchment paper. Cool completely- until they pull easily off the wax paper.
Reserve 2/3 cup of chocolate chips. Melt the rest of chocolate chips in ½ quart glass bowl at 50% power in microwave for 4 minutes. Stir at 1 minute intervals until chocolate is between 101-106º on a candy thermometer. Pour reserved chips into chocolate and stir until temperate is between 89-90º. Dip the caramel apples in the chocolate and place back on the wax paper. Or if adding a coating roll chocolate apples in coating. (You can also drizzle the chocolate for a different look.) Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
2 comments:
The apples were super yummy!!! Thank you!!
Those apples look divine. I am so impressed because I totally lack the drive to make neat desserts. Maybe someday I will. What I really want though is step by step instructions on Anna's new hairdo . . . please!
Post a Comment