I need to do a little back tracking to explain this story. The week before Easter Adam kept saying, "I know who hides the eggs- you do." Although both Mike and I think the Easter Bunny is ridiculous we didn't want to spoil the fun for Anna too early so Mike had a talk with him about keeping it a secret. Well, after he lost his tooth he said, "I think I know who the Tooth Fairy is but I'm not supposed to say anything like the Easter Bunny."
I thought it was pretty sad that he couldn't even have the excitement for his first tooth (besides I'm not ready to lose the Christmas excitement and that is just the next question). So Monday night Mike and Adam emailed the tooth fairy and we had a visit at our house that night. Adam was so excited and I could tell he wanted to believe even though he is so practical. He woke Anna up an hour early and they came into our room to show us his quarters and certificate from the tooth fairy.
Then yesterday he asked if Daddy put the money under his pillow. Luckily I didn't have to flat out lie since Daddy didn't put the money under his pillow. I can tell he wants to believe but he just doesn't buy it. Am I wrong for wanting him to believe?
Anyways, here's my grown up boy with his first missing tooth.

5 comments:
Yay that he finally lost a tooth! We firmly believe in magic at our house, and creating magic for others. When you're no longer an innocent believer, you receive a promotion to creator. I've always tried respond to their questions with other questions to see where they're really coming from. Sometimes they just heard something from a friend or a movie, and then when I ask if they believe, they've responded yes. I have one child who's come to the creator side (only because we thought she was to the age where she needed to know), and we talked about how important it is to never talk to other kids (either in the family or at school and church) about it. She's having a marvelous time helping us with the magic! I hope you can hold on to it for a few more years. :)
I think it's great to get them to believe as long as they can- some of the most favorite childhood memories come from the magic of believing. That's cool that you guys had him email the tooth fairy- nice tactic. I'll have to remember that.
Oh dear! Thankfully we haven't crossed that bridge yet and my 5 year old is a 100% believer in EVERYTHING!
Lillian still believes in everything! Even when the tooth fairy has been "too busy" to visit the first night. I think having the magic last as long as possible is a wonderful thing. And yes, once they find out they shouldn't ruin it for the ones who still believe. I think it's a great idea to have them be part of the magic!
Nicki, it was great to see y'all this past week. I am a terrible majic crusher. One of the first essays I wrote about was how I told mary Santa wasn't real just this last Christmas...lost the mother of the year award on that one! Here's my blogs again. Hopefully it will work, if not try clicking on my name and it should have them on my profile? http://www.jerebeth.blogspot.com and http://www.my-backdoor.com
Post a Comment