Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Break

Ok, so this post is only a week late. Once again we've had computer issues so I have not wanted to spend the time to work on the blog. Thankfully, Mike fixed the computer somewhat so that it is now usable. I think we'll probably wipe it clean in the next week or so and turn it into a kids computer. I just want to have my computer before we actually retire this one. We've been planning to get me a laptop for awhile but I haven't invested time into researching and shopping around to find a good one. Any suggestions?

We had a fun spring break the week before Easter. I remember last year when our district had spring break I thought to myself every week is spring break. Now that we have a kid in school it was nice not to be tied to the regular schedule and have time with Adam at home.

Our week consisted of a lot of biking, a picnic at the park, the children's museum, playing at a friend's house, and the best part- a sleep over at Grandma's house. My mother-in-law planned a super fun day/night for the kids that included coloring eggs and a special egg hunt for quarter filled eggs. The kids had so much fun- I was greeted by groans at my arrival the next day. They didn't want to leave.

Since we were without the older kids for a night we took the opportunity to plan out our summer trips. This is the first year in a long time that we don't have any reunions planned so we decided to try and camp at a few of Minnesota's great state parks. We went to Panera (free wi-fi) and were planning out the trips with Mike's laptop. We ended up talking to a couple there first about camping and then about the LDS church for quite awhile. They had several questions and it was nice to be able to explain some of our beliefs to them. I always feel so good when I have chances to talk about the gospel and share a little bit of something that is so important to me.

All and all it was a fun spring break and I'm looking forward to having Adam home more this summer.

Anna at the Children's Museum: her favorite thing to do is collect the mail in the little town. I think she did this for about 45 minutes!

















Face painting at the Children's Museum with some friends













Adam always rolls a few pennies down the big spiral before we go


















I had to post a picture of this cute girl too.

4 comments:

Lanna Palmer said...

Both Chuck and I have Toshiba lap tops, and love them! We use to have a Dell, and it was a piece of junk! Godd luck, I hope you get something you love!

corey said...

I heart children's museums. They are always fun and I always meet nice parents that I can have a nice conversation with. Yours looks great. I agree with you -- isn't it funny when your kids are home from school you realize how fun it is to have them home?? I love it.

Jessica 7 said...

I've had only good experiences with my IBM ThinkPad. It's the industrial kind (since we got it from Pfizer), and that makes it indestructable as well. (as much as possible at least) Always good with kids around.

The pictures were all fun to see!

Unknown said...

Me and Nat both have Mac lap tops. They are EXTREMELY user friendly and most people thing that it will be a difficult switch. I can say that it is not, there are only mild changes. Most of the changes are for the better and make everything very easy. They are little more pricey, but organizing pictures and other media project are very simple.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...