Monday, April 20, 2009

A Special Easter

This Easter was an extra special one for me. Besides the normal excitement and festivities for the kids leading up to the day it also happened to be the one year anniversary of the due date from my miscarriage. I knew the 12th was coming but didn't actually realize that it fell on Easter day until that day. As many of you know I miscarried in September of 07 ( I was due April 12, 2008). The year after was a very difficult one with many ups and downs. When my due date passed last year and I was still not pregnant it was especially difficult, but as I sat on Easter day I felt at peace with where my life is at now. Although I would never wish a miscarriage on anyone else or myself again and it is still painful at times, I can now see some blessings and wisdom that have come from it.

Instead of our regular church meetings our stake was scheduled for a broadcast stake conference. At first I was disappointed that we wouldn't be able to have our regular Easter meeting with songs and so forth. The day turned out even better as than I could have imagined as we got to hear from our prophet instead. It was so uplifting to hear testimonies of the Savior and the resurrection from our church leaders.

As I sat that night and held little Camille I thought about my baby that would be turning one that day, about the resurrection, about birth and death, about the restoration of the gospel, and I was overcome with gratitude that we have an eternal family. I am also grateful that after another year we have Camille as part of our family. She is my special baby that I waited for and every time I hold her she makes me happy. She is my happy thought. All of my kids are for that matter.

So even though this post is also a week late, I hope you all had a very special Easter too.

My Happy Thoughts













My Girls


















Cousin Ellie and Camille













I love this shot of Camille pointing out her shoes to Ellie.

4 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

What a wonderful blessing to have this Easter bring such peace to you. I am so happy that Camille has joined your family this year! You have many Happy Thoughts indeed. I love you!

steveandjonelle said...

Those little girls are too cute. I love the pink dresses.

Holly said...

I was so touched by this post. Your children are so beautiful! I think we participated in the same conference here in KC. It was wonderful! I agree with you we have to hold onto to those happy thoughts of ours. They make it all worth it!

Elizabeth said...

We also had stake conf. with y'all and it was so great to hear from the prophet two weeks in a row. I am so glad you have peace and such a sweet baby now. I love the pict of Camille and Ellie-bellie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...