I hosted my second Thanksgiving ever at our house this year and it was a success! The food was wonderful and so was the company.
I have so much to be grateful for and my heart is full when I think of the many blessings my Heavenly Father has given me. I feel truly blessed to live in a time and place where we can worship freely and have the gospel of Jesus Christ. I was blessed with wonderful parents and married into a family with wonderful in-laws. I have a loving husband and 4 beautiful and talented children. This week I am especially thankful for our health. Camille ended up with a double ear infection this week- it was a tough few days- and I'm so grateful that we are generally healthy. I'm thankful for my husband that works so hard to support our family and provide for us. I am thankful he has a job and that I can stay home with the kids and raise them. I am thankful that Michael wants me to stay home and appreciates my work at home and with the children. I am so thankful for the scriptures and the peace that they bring to me as I study them. In the past several months I have felt an increased measure of strength to accomplish all that I have before me. I have also felt a renewed sense that I am a child of God and He is mindful of my needs. What a wonderful blessing! I am thankful for the beauty of the Earth, for good neighbors, and great friends. My heart is truly full when I contemplate all I have!
Here are few of our Thanksgiving Day shots:
Adam helping with the pumpkin pie
Our famous candy cornucopias
Camille sitting at our table- I think she was starting on her cornucopia.
The kids helped me make turkey name tags to go on the napkin rings.
Our full table! Grandpa Wally and Grandma Frances as well as some friends of Matt's, Mary and Walt, were able to join our us.
Matt & Niki standing- the two cooks for the day!

2 comments:
Good job Niki! Thanksgiving dinner is always an accomplishment.
Such a wonderful post! Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment