I was put in charge of teacher gifts for our our Primary workers so I made these ornaments with a silhouette of the nativity in them. I wrapped them in tissue paper and found some inexpensive boxes at Michaels to put them in. I think they turned out pretty cute. In past years I made ornaments with a picture of Christ in the center. You can also put a picture of your family in them like I did here. These make for very simple yet thoughtful gifts.
1. Print your image onto a transparency (you need a laser printer or special transparencies for ink jet otherwise it will smear; or just go to Office Max like I did this year- 2 pages of printed transparencies made 16 ornaments and cost $1.50).
2. Cut the shape out to fit in the bulb leaving a notch at the top to go in the top of the bulb (this holds it in place and keeps it from falling up-side-down)
3. Roll the transparency up,pop it in the bulb, and replace the top of the bulb.
4. Add a bow and a hook and your all set.

3 comments:
How much do you think each of these was a piece? I have 40 ornaments to make. Eek
It all depends on what price you can get the bulbs and the transparencies. I made these back in 2011 and got 8 pictures to fit on one transparency so I printed 2 for $1.50 for a total of 16 transparency prints. If you start buying bulbs now you can use coupons at Michaels or Joanns. Good luck.
I realize Jessica probably already made her ornaments, but I found plastic bulbs for $1/ea at Hobby Lobby this year (originally $8/box of 4 at 50% off). I used them for kids, which is why I bought plastic. Not sure what the glass would be. Hope you each had (or is having if you celebrate any of the 12+ days of Christmas) a great Christmas!
Post a Comment