Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Holy Cannoli

This year with our church schedules changing it has been difficult to go to Mike's parents on Sunday for dinner.  Instead we have been rotating house and only go to his parents if we don't have school the following Monday (so we can stay later).  My brother-in-law, Matt, has been on a new kick to make foods from around the world and now has us all involved.  We take turns making different parts of the meal.  I usually get the dessert (my specialty).  So far we've made Mexican, German, Italian, Chinese (we missed this one), and Navajo.  I tried my hand at making cannoli for our Italian night.  We learned to love cannoli from Peter and Megan Vandre when we lived in Boston.  Maria's in the North End was our favorite. Mike even surprised me once and brought some home a plane from one of his business trips to Boston.  While I still have a ways to go I think they turned out pretty good for my first time making them. I had to improvise a bit since I didn't have all the necessary kitchen tools  (ie. cannoli tubes and a pasta maker).  Kitchen tools are so much fun to buy, but I think I may need a bigger kitchen to justify too many more purchases.  
What's your favorite kitchen tool?  Mine is probably my kitchen aid.  I use it at least 5 times a week!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The cannolis look so pretty! I love my Kitchen Aid too, but I think I use the Blendtec most often, or maybe the Crockpot

Janis said...

Those look delicious. I'd like to try that some time.
I use my Cutco most! But then that isn't an appliance. The other day I counted 6 of my Cutco knives and serving pieces I used in one meal.

Jenna said...

I've always wanted try a cannoli but never have. They look so yummy! I would say my favorites is my rice cooker, kitchen aid, and crockpot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...