Thank you all for your kind words. I really appreciate your comments and it's nice to know others think I'm doing an ok job of raising our family. Yesterday was a tough day. I ended up crying several times during the day. I know I shouldn't be so emotional over a little comment (what am I going to be like with teenagers?), but my feelings were hurt. I went for a run in the evening and prayed to feel better. I followed it up by a bath and a bowl of ice cream. Although it was all a nice combo the praying was my real solace as I realized I just need to let it go and forgive. Today is a better day and I'm grateful for that.
2 comments:
Niki, you're the best mom!!! Your kiddos are so lucky to have you and they will realize it more and more as the years go by. At the same time, it is clear how devoted they are to you, especially Anna. :)
Niki! I did not see this post until today, but I can only agree with the supportive comments everyone has told you! I am heartbroken for you because to me you are such a role model for what I want to be for my own kids. Your unconditional love and strength for your children is so amazing to watch. Children cannot be appreciative of all the things parents do for them! They aren't suppose to! They wouldn't be children if they did. As adults we are supposed to look back at our childhood and really give thanks for our parents for doing the best job they knew how. Keep your thoughts positive because your are doing an incredible job raising those kids (Mike too of course) I love you Niki and I am so happy I can call you my sister!
Post a Comment