Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Baby is 1...

Oh, how I love this sweet, sweet girl. We waited a long time for Camille and she is such a joy to have in our family! Every day I am thankful for her hugs (complete with pats on the back), kisses, and silly games she tries to play. I must admit it is a little bitter sweet having her turn one. She is my baby... and she's growing up. Here are some tidbits about my baby:

1. Camille's smile includes a wrinkled nose- it's very cute and very disarming.
2. She is our most wiggly child and very active.
3. Her favorite foods are cereal, pears, crackers, and milk (from her bottle- we're still working on a sippy cup)
4. Her favorite stuffed animal is "Mousie" (as the kids call it), it's the one from Kohls and the book If You Give A Mouse A Cookie.
5. Camille is a major MAMA'S GIRL.
6. Camille was unhappy for a large portion of this last year but in recent months is much happier now that she can trail me around the house (see #5).
7. Her nicknames this past year: Camille Beale, Crying Camille, Camille Pill (this usually starts with, "What's the deal Camille Pill?", during crying fits), and Monkey (always clinging to her Mama).
8. She is our smallest child and fairly petite (at least for a Gray).
9. Camille scooted on her bottom until she learned to crawl. Apparently, the "boot scoot" (as we affectionately call it) runs in the family. Both Anna and Mike's mom used the "boot scoot" to get around as babies. Now that she crawls, Camille doesn't put her left knee down and ends up looking like a Monkey (see #7).
10. When I was pregnant I read the name Camille on a blog and loved it. Every time we'd try to think of names I didn't like them as much as Camille. So thank you fellow bloggers for helping name my child.

1/13/2010



















1/13/2009



















Cake pictures coming soon... they're good.

3 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

Happy Birthday Camille! A few of my kids also did the 'scooty booty' as we called it. :) She's sure growing up fast.

Jeff & Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe it's been an entire year already, she's so adorable :)

Janis said...

Regarding #2- I still think Adam gets the vote for most wiggly but Camille is a close second. #4-Glad she likes that toy I gave her, lol! #5-Her being a "mama's girl is just like her mama!!! #6 That sounds a little like her mom too but hers was due to discomfort with teething. #7 Hate to tell you what your nick name was since you wouldn't leave my hip! ha ha! Like Mother like daughter, she'll grow up just fine:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...