Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I did manage to make it to the store (while picking up Anna's prescription) so the kids enjoyed their green lunches. We also had "leprechaun milk" (dyed green milk) with our breakfast. It is amazing what a little color can do to get kids excited about eating. Me on the other hand- I could do without green bread or milk. It just looks wrong, but the kids love it. Funny story- when I was checking out at the grocery store the clerk scanned the bread very slowly and after taking a close look at the label that read "green bread" she took a deep sigh of relief. She then said she thought the bakery department had taken a dive and left out moldy green bread! I was watching her face the whole time and was laughing to myself as I watched her try and decide if she should say, "Excuse me, but your bread is really moldy. Let me have someone grab you another one."

2 comments:

Mia said...

NO WAY, Niki. For breakfast this morning we had the green bread as french toast and I TOO got the key lime pie yogurt for the kids.

Great minds think alike.

Jessica 7 said...

Fun and festive! Glad to see you found your camera - not in the trash!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...