Sleep is a very important thing in our family. I have needed my sleep since I was little and love taking a good nap. I remember as a kid going over to my Grandparent's and after a meal finding several uncles, aunts, cousins, siblings, or grandparents around the house curling up for a nice snooze on a couch, chair, or the floor- it didn't really matter. More often then not you could actually hear them sleeping! We need our sleep and since we often times don't get as much as our bodies need we can fall asleep quite easily. In fact, once while hiking with my Dad, he took off his shoes and sat on a rock in the middle of a river to rest. It wasn't until we started to hike away that we noticed he was actually asleep sitting up in the middle of the river.
Well on Memorial Day we had a BBQ with our family nearby and then worked in the yard adding planters, re-sodding a few areas, and planting our garden. We worked hard and Anna was tired. She came in the house through the garage and found her blanket. She curled up right there and very quickly fell asleep. Those Morris sleep genes are definitely present. Notice the position. Both of my kids sleep like this. (Adam doesn't quite as much now that he is older but as a baby and toddler he would all the time.) Do you know anyone else that sleeps like this? It doesn't look very comfortable to me but my kids do it all the time.
4 comments:
I would love some of those sleep genes for my kids! Unfortunatly they take after my husbands side of the family.
Rumor has it you might be visiting. Yippee! Email me b/c julie will be in town next week too. Planning lunch on wed the 11th with melissa and stacy too. jdprigmore@yahoo.com
You can delete this comment after you read it b/c it is kinda lame. haha
I'm jealous! I want to meet you guys for lunch. Too bad I will be in the hospital having a baby that day. Darn. Tell everyone hi for me. That's so funny about the sleeping genes! I wish we had those. None of us seem to be able to sleep anywhere lately. Have a good trip!
I love those genes, I can sleep anywhere! Sometimes I fall asleep nursing Ethan in the middle of the night... I need to break that habbit.
Post a Comment