Monday, May 12, 2008

I thought this day may never come...

Today I decided to try and braid Anna's hair and it actually worked. She was bald until about 18 months and has been slowly getting hair ever since. I used to glue (with Karo syrup) bows in her head when she was a baby. Once she started pulling those out we graduated to headbands and tiny clips. Most recently we put two half pig tails in her hair to keep it back. I thought braiding was still at least a year down the road but I was able to do two braids to keep all the little hairs up. Anna sat very still and the braids lasted a good 1/2 day before too many hairs slipped out and I put her wavy hair in two half pig tails again. My little girl finally has enough hair for braids!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow Niki! That's amazing! You're good at that. It's lucky for me that I keep having boys because I don't have a clue how to do hair. Karo syrup, huh? Cool. I'll have to remember that one. I'm always learning something new from you. Thanks!

Derek and Emily said...

So cute! Ethan is sporting the cul-da-sac hairdo. Not much in front, but plenty in back.

Jessica 7 said...

Exciting! She's lucky she has a mommy and daddy who know how to braid. Her hair is so cute!

Mia said...

Wow, I love it. I'm so impressed that she say long enough for you to do that. She looks adorable!

steveandjonelle said...

I am impressed that she sat so still. What a good kid. I love the braids.

The Prigmore Family said...

Way to go Niki!!! Those braids=perfection. I can't believe both your little guys can ride bikes! That rules. What cuties.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...