As most of you probably know I love to cook. I am so delighted that my children love to cook too. I was quite impressed with my husband's ability to cook when we got married so I am determined to teach my kids to be great cooks. So far it has been easy. Every time I get out the mixer or put on an apron the kids run to the kitchen and ask if they can be bakers too. They have their own aprons & chef hats and love to help out making just about anything. 
Of course their favorites always involves a treat that they can lick the spoon, but they just love to be by my side "helping".
Adam helped make Chicken Cordon Bleu a few weeks ago and can still list all the steps including (his favorite) pounding the chicken. Anna impressed me by cracking her first egg last month. Of course she cracks it in a separate bowl and has a few shells but hey she's only 2. My little bakers have even improved their eating habits since they've helped in the kitchen. They are more willing to try different foods and think the food they make tastes extra good.

1 comment:
Making Chicken Cordon Bleu is impressive! I've done it once and don't think I'll be attempting it again. It's fun that you can all share your love of cooking!
Love,
Jess
Post a Comment