Monday, March 24, 2008

Busy Quilting

For one of the Young Women activities that I help out with we had a lady come and teach us how to quilt. We made the quilt below for our Young Women's President who was pregnant at the time.














I had a lot of fun sewing again. It brought back memories of Clothing 101 & 102 with Mrs. Parker (I think that was her name) that I took back at Poway High. So I decided to make quilts for my 3 sister-in-laws that were pregnant. I have made quilts in the past but I always tied them instead of quilt them. Here are the finished products. I was quite please that they turned out as well as they did. I still have one more quilt to make.

This was the first one I made on my own for Jessica. It is a very simple pattern & great for beginning quilters. Email me & I'll send you the instructions. Warning: it can be a bit addictive. Once you get sewing you won't want to stop... Mike called me an addict & I worked on these so long my kids now pretend to make quilts out of scraps while they are playing around the house.

Here we are with the quilt on my visit with the kids to Connecticut.

































Here is the second one I made for Jonelle. It is similar but instead of using 10 different fabrics I used five and repeated the pattern. I'm looking forward to making the next one for my sister-in-law Erin for her baby girl!

2 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

The quilts are all beautiful! Of course the one you gave to us is my favorite. To everyone else reading - she did an excellent job and it looks professional! It is very special to us to have a quilt made with so much love.

Love,
Jess

Jen said...

Seeing your quilts makes me want to sew! You are so talented, the quilts look amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...