I had such a fun time running the So. Cal Ragnar with great friends from high school. I love these girls and it was a great way to meet up and spend the weekend together.
The Poway High girls: Julie, Jaime, Me , & Stacy
I was runner #1 and got to start us off at the start line. My first leg was 5 miles and I was pretty proud of my 9:05 pace (remember I'm slow, so this was good for me:) The run was right along Huntington Beach and was perfect.
Van 1, Niki, Cassey, Chris, Stacy, Julie, & Brittany
Waiting for van 2 to finish
Me & Julie
Leg #2 was hot and dusty along Lake Elsinore but I had the best cheering crew keeping me going!
Stacy, Julie, & Me in front of our awesome van.
Anna was so cute out there cheering for me. Thanks again Mom & Dad for driving up to support me.
My last leg was 5.5 miles at 4:30 am in Carlsbad. My awesome brother ran it with me and my awesome dad drove and supported us with water and cheering. I love my family.
We sure enjoyed the awesome views.
Sweaty McGees- we finished over an hour sooner than our projected time.
Finish line
High school friends at the finish- great times.
Jaime and Me showing off our medals
Signing the banner
The back of our van
My nick name- I was so worried I wouldn't get any "kills" (we kept track of how many people we passed), in the end I passed quite a few.
Sweaty McGees
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)


.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)





2 comments:
It was awesome to watch a Ragnar. I had no idea how popular these races have become. I admire you for the determination and commitment it takes to train and then run one of these races. Most of all I am glad it was in So Cal so we could be with you and Anna!!!
Dang girl!!! Super impressive!! Way to go.
Post a Comment