Thursday, November 29, 2012

Adam Lately

Adam has now been in Cub Scouts for a year in a half and is working toward his Bear badge.  He attended day camp this summer and came home as one of only two boys in his pack to be able to climb to the top of a 30 foot climbing wall.  He was pretty proud.
 This is how we often find him around the house.  He devours books or any other reading material he finds.  This summer he read the whole Percy Jackson series, finished the Chronicles of Narnia, and read about 1/2 of the Hardy Boy books.  Since school started in the fall he has read Harry Potter books 1-4 and would be further but I stopped him because I want to review the later books before I let him continue.  I remember them getting pretty dark and I want to make sure he's ready for them.  
 Adam got glasses in August in preparation for school this year.  He had been struggling with seeing at a distance so for now he just uses them for board work at school.
 See what I mean... more reading.
 Adam has been taking piano for 2 years now and is doing very well.  He's really a natural at it with the way his mind works.  Practice time is now really enjoyable to listen to.  I especially love hearing Christmas songs right now.

2 comments:

Janis said...

Go Adam!! Strong, Smart and musical! A good combination I'd say. :)

Unknown said...

what a great kid! love the glasses!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...