Thursday was my last day of teaching Anna's Mom and Kids Preschool. I get a break from teaching this next year since Camille isn't old enough. I am looking forward to the break but it's also a little strange after 5 years of teaching either a playgroup or preschool for Adam and Anna. What will I do with my Tuesday and Thursday mornings?
We were learning about community helpers so on Tuesday we talked about postal workers and firefighters. We ran our own pony express, wrote and mailed a letter to ourselves including the address (Anna got hers in the mail on Wednesday and was thrilled- too funny), talked about fire safety and acted out some scenarios, and read a book about firefighters (we took a trip to the fire station recently so this was a good review for us).
On Thursday we worked on our "yearbooks" by writing little notes to each of our friends that will be included in a little photo book. Then we headed off to Papa Johns to learn to make pizzas. I did this field trip with Adam's preschool group so I decided to try it again with Anna's group. We had a different worker this time so although it was fun for the kids I didn't find it quite as educational as it had been for Adam's group. After our pizzas were cooked we headed back to our house for a pizza party! Once again, thank you Papa Johns.

1 comment:
Congrats on another year of teaching under your belt. Enjoy the year off next year! :)
Post a Comment