We flew out to California a day earlier than we told everyone and had a much needed break with just the two of us. We got to the hotel late, slept in the next morning, had breakfast in bed, and then Mike took me sailing. Since no one else was booked to sail Thursday afternoon we had the 40ft sail boat to ourselves. A private charter! The captain of the boat was hilarious and took us anywhere we wanted.
We ventured out into the ocean for awhile until the waves got the best of me and for the sake of my stomach we headed back into the bay. Wimpy I know. Maybe it's because I'm getting older (I do turn 30 this year which I remember at one time as being old), but this once bungee jumping, roller coaster loving girl just can't take it like I used to.
Anyways, we had a great tour of the bay seeing dolphins, sea lions, the nuclear submarines and aircraft carriers stationed there, the military trained dolphins on practice missions, an F-18 fighter jet, and a gorgeous view of downtown San Diego.
If you are thinking of visiting San Diego or live nearby I highly recommend sailing with that special someone. Three hours out on the water is a great way to relax and enjoy San Diego!
Breakfast in Bed
On the sailboat
Mike at the helm

4 comments:
oOo how romantic!!! Looks like such a fun trip, sorry your kids were so sick :( Hopefully everyone is back to being healthy!
Sneaky, sneaky to come in a day earlier! Ha Ha! Glad you had a great time together. Couples need to do that occasionally and remind each other why they got married in the first place!
Great idea! I want to do this :) Next time we are in the area .... I hope you kept the phone number of the place for me:)
I'm so glad you two got to get away. And seeing someone else get married is so fun, too! I'm glad you had a fun trip. If you want to swing up and see us on your way to the reunion or on your way back {if you're driving} you are welcome. But we are understaning if you can't. I think Matt/Erin will be here before, but y'all are our official un-family, so we'd be stoked to see ya!
Post a Comment