If you need a last minute gift idea here are a few things I've received and given that I LOVE.
1. Bath & Body Works Lounge Socks infused with Shea Butter
I received these as a gift this year and absoultely LOVE them. For people with dry skin or anyone that likes a little pampering now and again these are the perfect gift. Pair this with some Bath & Body hand soaps, candles, or homemade chocolates and you have a pampering gift that any girl would love.

2. Homemade Christmas Ornaments
I made some Christmas ornaments a few years ago for the young women I was working with. Just print a picture (I did a nice black & white picture of Christ) onto a transparency (make sure you have the printer friendly kind that won't wipe off), cut a circle leaving a little tab at the top so it doesn't slide around, and place them inside a clear bulb (can be purchased at Michaels or other craft store). Tie a little ribbon on top, add a hook, and place in a nice Christmas box from the dollar store.
This year I tried to personalize these a little more and gave them away as part of my "homemade blog giveaway". (A little late, but hey, I made it before the end of the year!) I printed pictures of my friend's families and glued them onto a transparency. You could just print right on the transparency but this year I made the mistake above and bought the non-printer friendly transparencies so that didn't work this time around.
3. Christmas Potpourri
This recipe will give your house a wonderful citrus/cinnamon smell and can be reused a few times. We gave these away as teacher gifts this year. If you have to come up with 9 teacher gifts like I did this is an inexpensive yet thoughtful way to go.
Here's the recipe:
Christmas Potpourri
4 Lemon wedges ½ Cup Cranberries
4
2 Bay Leaves 2 Small Cinnamon Sticks
Fill pot with water and simmer over stove.
4. Treats & Goodies
Who doesn't love home baked goodies? We pass these around to our neighbors and a few friends each year. This year our plates consisted of Santa Claus Cookies (a Morris classic), Peanut Butter Press Cookies, Peanut Clusters, Pumpkin Bars (Mike's favorite), Hello Dolly Bars, Lemon Bars, and K-Bars (my favorite).
A few tips for delivering goodies- I place my plates in the decorated freezer ziplock bags so I feel like they are protected if I have leave them when no one is home. Secondly, label your treats. I won't eat a plate of goodies unless I know who they're from. And lastly, I bring a cell phone and call my friends to leave a message if they aren't home. Not everyone goes into their house through the front door and you'd hate for them to find it days later.
5. A Nice Scarf or Gloves
I guess these are especially nice here in freezing Minnesota. Several years ago Mike bought me a nice pair of cashmere lined leather gloves. These are still one of my favorite gifts and I love putting them on every time.
On our trip to Italy a few years ago we picked up some colorful scarves. My in-laws also brought us some nice scarves from France this past year. It is amazing how a nice scarf can dress up a boring jacket or outfit. Both of these make lovely gifts that can last a long time.

3 comments:
These are really great ideas!! Thank you!
fantastic suggestions
Thanks, Niki. I like the potporri (sp?) idea. Since we have to make/give gifts to a gazillion therapist/teachers, I'll keep that one for sure. Do you dehydrate it all, I'm assuming...Happy New Year!
Post a Comment