Monday, August 10, 2009

Mississippi Headwaters

We enjoyed a second camping trip in July at Itasca State Park where the Mississippi River starts.
















We played in the water and walked across the river.












How many of you can say you've walked across the Mississippi? As a kid Mike's family came here when the water was pretty low and the boys jumped across the river.












We even touched Camille's toes in at the headwaters.
















On our second day we took a boat ride out on the lake and saw several Loons (the MN state bird).













At the visitor's center there was a monarch butterfly exhibit giving away chrysalises.
















We took one home and watched it turn into this
















On our last camping trip Mike's dad brought up some dark chocolate (a favorite treat for both of us) and we made smores with it. This time I brought some just for that purpose. Ghirardelli's Twilight Delight makes a great dark chocolate smore!










1 comment:

Jessica 7 said...

I love Itaska State Park. We had a family reunion there when I was 20, and I felt very cool standing where the Mississippi began and crossing the river!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...