Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Guess who Mike saw on Saturday?

DAVID ARCHULETA!!! I loved his singing so much I actually picked up the phone and voted for him last year. He was scheduled to have a concert at the Target Center Saturday night and stopped by the temple to do baptisms a few hours before hand. Mike was there with a youth group from our stake. After the baptisms, our Stake President asked David if he had a minute to sing for the other youth in the chapel across the street that didn't get to see him in the temple. He only had a few minutes but headed over there. Mike and another leader were in the lobby and when David came inside he said, "President Paynter asked me to come over here and sing." The other leader didn't recognize him and didn't really understand but Mike said, "I know you, you're David Archuleta." Way to go Mike- I'm so proud that all my American Idol watching has paid off! Anyways, Mike invited him in and they arranged to have him sing very quickly in the chapel. He asked Mike what the theme for the conference was and Mike told him it was on family history. David said, "Oh, I don't have anything like that, but maybe Families are Forever." Within 3-4 minutes they had rounded up all the youth in the building. David sang and bore his testimony and was out the door within 10 minutes. It happened so quickly and since they were in the chapel David asked them not to take pictures but they got him to pose for one picture outside the church with his keyboardist.

















The only thing Mike could capture was this blurry video of him walking away. Don't blink or you may miss his wave:) I was bummed I didn't get to hear him myself- someday in concert perhaps.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Wow-what a great kid, going to the temple on tour? And I'm so impressed with all your camping. Jeremy thinks it's crazy to go camping with little kids, so you'll have to do some propaganda for me the next visit! I'm really sorry that we had a not-so-great visit this last time. Hopefully, we'll see ya tons at Thanksgiving. Oh, and I opened my profile, so the blogs should be one there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...