For our 8th wedding anniversary Michael surprised me and took me to a bed and breakfast in Red Wing, MN. (Red Wing was named one of the top 25 historic destinations in the world by National Geographic Traveler. Maybe a bit overrated- there were only two US towns to make the list- but still a quaint, fun little town.)
(In front of the Candlelight Inn)
He arranged the childcare (thanks Mom Gray) and gave me extra shopping money to buy new clothes for the trip. This was our first B&B experience and it was really fun. The breakfasts were some of the best I've ever had- wild rice and bacon quiche and blueberry french toast. I loved that they serve a small dessert at every breakfast- we had a raspberry triffle and pot de creme au chocolat. Now that's my kind of breakfast! I bought the recipe book and can't wait to try them out.
(Pot de Creme au Chocolate)
It was so nice to just relax and spend time together without the kids for a couple of days.

7 comments:
Congratulations!
Cool video - props to Mike!
Aww! That was so sweet. Lots of memories,places you've visited, important events, children...
That was a very thoughtful gift from Mike. I knew he was a keeper!
That is so sweet and I'm glad you had a fun break! I've always wanted to try a B&B. Glad you had a fun getaway!
I LOVED the slideshow! I almost started to cry! I remember taking some of those pictures from our college Heather Heights days. Congratulations! We just had our 8 years as well!!
Wow, go husband! So nice!
So sweet! I full blown got choked up! Mike needs to teach Chuck how to do that:) Marriage only gets better too!
Post a Comment