My little boy turned 6 today. I can't believe he is losing teeth and will be in 1st grade this next year. He is such a good example to Anna and a very obedient child. I'm so thankful to have him in our family. I love our Bubby! Here he is 6 years ago today. (Can you tell it was a traumatic birth from my face? Yikes.)

Yesterday we took a few friends to go bowling and do bumper cars then came back to our house for cake and ice cream. I didn't feel up to having a huge party so we kept it small this year. It was probably the easiest party I've done and the kids had a blast.
The part that took me the longest was decorating his cake. He wanted a planet cake since he has been learning all about the planets and the solar system. I printed off some pictures from the internet, re-sized and laminated them, and popped them on top of the cake. Add a few rolled out Starburst stars and some frosting and TA-DA you have one happy 6 year old. Anyways, here are a few pics.

Do you like their silly faces?


4 comments:
Cute cake - wish I would have thought of the print/laminate idea! That would've been a heck of a lot easier than drawing with frosting by hand!
Awesome cake!! And you do look crazy tired, but so happy!!! :)
Happy Birthday Adam! Cute cake by the way.
Ditto on the cake! I am a huge fan of easy, stress-free parties now! Happy Birthday, Adam!
Post a Comment