Monday, September 29, 2008

Four Mangoes in Four Weeks

I know I haven't posted for awhile... it has been a busy/crazy couple of weeks.

The kids and I love the babycenter.com website that compares the size of your growing baby to fruits and vegetables. (Actual address is http://www.babycenter.com/slideshow-baby-size) Every Thursday we look at the site to see what size fruit the baby has grown to. If you ask my kids they can tell you at any time how big the baby is (relative to fruits & veggies) and how big it will be next week. I only let them peak ahead one week so we have something to be excited about as the weeks drag on. Here is the post for this last week (23 weeks gestational):

Your baby weighs about as much as a large mango -- just over a pound. (Length: more than 11 inches.)














Well, I had a doctor appointment last Friday and what I want to know is this: if the baby just now weighs over 1 mango then why did I put on four mangoes in the last four weeks? AAAGGGHHH!

7 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

4 mangos is not a bad gain - better than 4 watermelons! ;) When are you going to start posting some pregnancy shots? We all know you're that 'cute pregnant lady!' Love you!

Becky said...

Ha ha!! Here's another question: If I gained 35 mangos during pregnancy then why have I only lost 15 (which includes an almost 8lb baby)?
Yes, do post some pictures of you!

jonelle said...

It's all muscle, at least, that is what I used to tell myself when I was pregnant. . . You know, muscle weighs more than fat so I bet bones and organs weigh more that fat so really four mangos is like one mango. . . Does my reasoning make sense?

Jodi said...

I feel for you! I've got a couple dozen mangoes I'm still trying to lose. I bet you look great though! I'm going to start using mangoes as a measurement instead of pounds. It sounds healthier... Or maybe I will weigh myself in kiwis.. that's my fruit of choice. Maybe us women would feel better about our weight if we always related it to fruit... as it that was what we were eating. :)

Derek and Emily said...

I got the same emails when I was pregnant and I remember google-ing a kumquat to see what it was. That's a fun way to get the kids involved!

Lanna Palmer said...

After 4 babies, I'd say I have enough left over "fruit" to have one huge, like ward pot luck size, fruit salad! What a funny post:)

Jeff & Melissa said...

Hey Niki! I tagged you on my blog, feel free to do it if you want and you have time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...