Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Busy Week

We had a very busy and exciting week. Adam started Kindergarten! I can hardly believe my little boy goes to school. Here he is on his first day of school. He had a few kids in his class that he already knew including his good friend Brooklyn. We live within a half mile of the school so we are considered walkers. It is great right now while the weather is nice but I'm a little concerned for the sub-zero temps in the winter. (Don't worry I'm sure we'll drive then.)


































Another fun thing this week- Anna turned 3 years old! She requested a Cinderella cake so I did my best and it turned out pretty good. I must say Barbies have very long legs! Mike helped me hide her legs in a little scaffolding he put together. She looks a little short though. We had a the Pollmann's come over for cake & ice cream that night. Here is Anna with Brooklyn (a different Brooklyn than above). The helmet was one of Anna's gifts and she wore it most of the night.















































Finally, our garden is going crazy. I keep giving a lot of it away, canning, and preparing as much as we can eat for lunch & dinner but there is still some going to waste (mainly the green beans). I am going to make salsa this week to can.

5 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

That cake is aweseome! The kids sure are growing up.

Jeff & Melissa said...

Look at you, growing your own food! I kill everything...I'm sure my bamboo plant is going to die any day now :(

Congrats on Adam going to school and Anna turning 3...pretty soon they'll both be in school full day!

corey said...

Holy macaroni! Look at that cake! Adam is such a little man -- Elliot's so sad he doesn't get to start school until next year (Sept bday), but I am evil because I'm so joyously happy I get him for an extra year in all. I know, I shouldn't take devilish delight in keeping my children as close as possible for as long as possible... Miss you, Niki!

Derek and Emily said...

Exciting stuff! Great job on the cake, it looks wonderful!

Erin said...

Bubby looks so grown up! I can totally see Michael in him!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...