Yep, I'm posting about Halloween on December 2nd. I'm only a month behind. But since this blog is for our personal history I wanted to make mention of our most lucrative Halloween to date. The weather ended up not being too cold (at least by Minnesota standards- but jackets were still needed), and the older two kids wanted to see how far they could get around the neighborhood. After a short run Calvin and Camille got dropped off and the older ones were off. This year they went around with our good friends the Heads and they made it pretty far. Both kids came home with over 6 pounds of candy. Yes, we did weigh it! We saved a large bag of candy for our up-coming gingerbread houses (a great scam for getting rid of Halloween candy and not having to buy any come December). We let the older 3 fill up a bag to keep for themselves and the rest was either tossed out or brought into Mike's work. It has been interesting to see how each of the kids ration their candy. Adam's the saver, Camille's the spender, and Anna's somewhere in between.
This year Adam was Harry Potter, appropriate since he is in the middle of reading the series. Anna really wanted to be a witch. Camille after seeing a costume I had borrowed potentially for Anna decided she wanted to be a candy-corn witch with Dorothy shoes (originally she was going to be Dorothy and we already had the shoes). Calvin was a cute little Hobbes the Tiger. Mike was his standby Pirate. It's amazing how few props it takes to make his costume work. I think our friend Landen was a little afraid of him. He wouldn't take his eyes off of Mike.
1 comment:
Cute costumes. Mike is one fierce pirate! No wonder that little boy kept his eyes on him. Ha Ha!
Post a Comment