First, I liked the simplicity of this paragraph about judging others:
This topic of judging others could actually be taught in a two-word sermon. When it comes to hating, gossiping, ignoring, ridiculing, holding grudges, or wanting to cause harm, please apply the following: Stop it!I don't feel like I participate in these activities very often, however, it was a good reminder to just "stop it" when the desires come.
Second, President Uchtdorf again speaking about judging quoted a bumper sticker that I thought was so true and I remember chuckling at during conference...
I don’t know exactly how to articulate this point of not judging others with sufficient eloquence, passion, and persuasion to make it stick. I can quote scripture, I can try to expound doctrine, and I will even quote a bumper sticker I recently saw. It was attached to the back of a car whose driver appeared to be a little rough around the edges, but the words on the sticker taught an insightful lesson. It read, “Don’t judge me because I sin differently than you.”
Third and this was my favorite part of the talk,
Brothers and sisters, there is enough heartache and sorrow in this life without our adding to it through our own stubbornness, bitterness, and resentment. We are not perfect. The people around us are not perfect.19 People do things that annoy, disappoint, and anger. In this mortal life it will always be that way.
Nevertheless, we must let go of our grievances. Part of the purpose of mortality is to learn how to let go of such things. That is the Lord’s way.
Remember, heaven is filled with those who have this in common: They are forgiven. And they forgive.
Lay your burden at the Savior’s feet. Let go of judgment. Allow Christ’s Atonement to change and heal your heart. Love one another. Forgive one another.
The merciful will obtain mercy.What a good reminder to all of us to forgive. It sounds so simple and yet I know it can be so difficult, especially when we have been hurt badly, but it was a good refresher for me to have more love for those around me. "Heaven is filled with those who have this in common: They are forgiven. And they forgive."

1 comment:
That talk will become a "classic." It was so well articulated and meaningful, a lesson all of us need to be reminded of on occasion. I love how our General Authorities teach us principles of Christ like behavior,that if applied, will bless our lives and families in eternal ways. :)
Post a Comment