Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Hero

I'm not sure about you but for us the 4:00-5:00 hour is the hardest time of day!  The kids are hungry and tired (usually at least one of them crying).  I'm frantically trying to make dinner and feed Calvin (sometimes at the same time) before we head off for swimming, baseball, or some other scheduled activity.  It has become our little joke that when Mike gets home he's "saving the day" and sometimes he comes in humming that famous Indiana Jones theme song.  I tell you some days he really is saving the day or at least my sanity. 

Well, a couple days ago I was having a tough day with Camille, I mean really tough.  Her crying that day was measurable by hours not just minutes.  Some days she can be so sweet but when Crying Camille comes around it is a sad day for everyone in close proximity.  (I just hope she gets over this by the time she's a teenager.)  Anyways,  around 1:00 I sent a text to Mike warning him that Camille was having one of her days and consequently I was having a tough day too.  A little later after picking the kids up from school, taking Adam to piano, and running to the library, I returned home around 4:40 to find some beautiful flowers and a movie on the table, Mike in the kitchen cleaning up the dishes, and the theme song to Indiana Jones playing in the background.  My hero had arrived early, in full force, to save the day!    

4 comments:

The Rines Family said...

Wow! What a wonderful husband! Maybe I need to send my husband a link to this so he can get some ideas! Way to go Mike!

Janis said...

WOW IS RIGHT! That brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful. I love the pic too. Was he dressed like that too? He looks the part of the handsome hero! :)

Jessi said...

oh my heavens!!! this is the sweetest thing I have heard.... probably ever!!! how incredible wonderful!!!

Elizabeth said...

That' is stinkin' awesome!!! Glad you're having a great summer! Calvin is adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...