Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's great to be 8!

Can it be true that I have an 8 year old?  It still seems like yesterday that I held Adam for the first time.  I still remember the thoughts I had while holding my sweet, precious baby for the first time with the magnitude of motherhood sinking in.  It's strange because as I still remember some parts so clearly it also seems so long ago.  I guess that's how memories are- some parts vivid, others like a distant memory. 

Adam celebrated his birthday by taking a few friends to see Cars 2 opening weekend.  A lot of these kids were really into Cars when it came out several years ago so they had fun seeing the sequel together.  
 We had the whole theater to ourselves!  Adam ate so much popcorn he had a stomach ache afterwards and didn't even want to eat his cake.  Poor guy.
 We also celebrated with a special birthday dinner at Grandma & Grandpa Gray's house.  Adam requested meat, potatoes, bread, and a cake with his name on it from the store.  We recently celebrated Mike's & Erin's birthdays and they had a DQ ice cream cake.  Gotta love those DQ cakes!
 Happy Birthday Adam Harrison Gray!  I've loved being your mom the last 8 years.  You're such a sweet special boy with so many talents, and I know you'll do great things in your life!  Love you forever.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! Happy birthday to Adam!

Janis said...

We love you too Adam!

Janis said...

We love you too Adam!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...