Saturday, December 11, 2010

Shoveling Out

Shoveling out- that's what we've been doing (well I should say Mike and the kids have been doing) all day today. Minneapolis got hit hard with a huge snow storm- the biggest single storm since we've lived here. Parts of the metro got 20 inches of snow. I think we ended up with about 15inches (although I'm not totally sure) and had several large drifts including right on the front walkway.

Shoveling halfway through the storm.



















Adam took a break to make some snow castles.


















And of course we had to have hot chocolate when everyone came in. Anna LOVES hot chocolate and asks for it just about every time she comes in from playing outside in the cold.


















Camille enjoyed the marshmallows more than the cocoa. In fact she calls it, "chocla-mellow".



















Shoveling out at the end of the storm- 7:00pm. BTW did you notice all the pictures are taken from the front door? Yep, I didn't step outside all day.


4 comments:

Janis said...

I heard about the storm. I bet the kids are raking in the dough helping with shoveling at 75 cents!! It was 85 degrees here today. :)

Jeff & Melissa said...

That is a ton of snow!!! I saw the news reports, glad to know you are all doing okay :) Ashley is so jealous of all the snow.

I didn't notice the little girl's smile in the picture until you mentioned it, hilarious!

House of Payne said...

I love it! We had a big snow storm, but now it's 50 degrees and it's all gone! We were out raking leaves this afternoon. Let's hope we get another big storm. I love it in December!

The Prigmore Family said...

Ahhhhh! Niki!!! Brrrr. Staying inside was a smart move. Hope you guys thaw out soon :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...