When we arrived in Minnesota we said that we would at least be here fore 5 years but after that we weren't sure. Well, the five years are up and we are still here with another 3-5 years very likely. Once we realized this we decided to move forward with a renovation of our basement since the house is starting to feel "full". However, after we could not find a way to get it done within our budget, we decided to take it in chunks. The first chunk involved getting rid of our downstairs laundry (we need the space for my workshop which is being displaced by a future playroom/bedroom) and replacing it with a 2nd story laundry tucked away in our spacious (j/k) walk-in closet. The closet door was not wide enough to fit the new washer and dryer so I removed it (and several inches of the wall!) and will be replacing it with a new one. It was a tight squeeze but everything is installed and working well. Stay tuned for phase two of this 4 phase project: moving the workshop.
-Michael

3 comments:
Great Job!!! I bet that sure helps with the laundry room being on the same floor with the bedrooms. No more up and down 2 1/2 flights of stairs to put the clothes away. But now Niki really does need that eliptical!:)Ha Ha! (At least during the winter.)
That's amazing, your clothes might actually get put away unlike the rest of the moms' baskets that sit around the house in various stages of folding. At least you can say that your clothes are all in the closet! I'm also impressed that you made plumbing happen in your closet.
Wow-it looks great. I just want to know if you knew ahead of time or not if the wall had to have a nip/tuck. :) Good luck on the next phase! And Niki, I heart tulips, too. I think it will be forever until I see them again:)
Post a Comment