Thursday, December 4, 2014

Drive to CA: New Mexico

I wanted to finish capturing our trip to CA even though we've been here several months.

  After Colorado we headed south to Albuquerque, NM to see some dear friends.  The Wheelers were our best friends while in grad school and Cece and I had our first babies 1 month apart.  She had a girl named Anna and I had a boy- Adam.  Later, she had a boy named Adam and we added our Anna.  It was fun for the kids to meet up and see their Adam/Anna counterparts.  We also had our other good friends The Nielsons join us for dinner but sadly we didn't get a picture with them.  The next morning we took the Sandia Peak Tramway up a mountain and enjoyed a beautiful hike before we hit the road again.   

The kids at the start of the Tramway

On the way up

They actually consider the tramway a flight because of the altitude.
Niki and Cece
Our family at the top
Kids hiking on the trail

Calvin at the top
There was an old structure at the end of the trail the kids wanted to explore.  It sits precariously close to edge of the cliff and the whole time I was worried Calvin would run off the edge.  
Mike captured several of the wildflowers we saw...


Our two Annas were fast friends.

The whole gang (minus their youngest who was napping).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...