We just got back from a 17-day Christmas get-a-way to sunny San Diego. It was a little cool the first few days we were there, but then it warmed to high 70's for most of our stay. It even hit the 80's a few times! After a delayed flight we were welcomed back to freezing Minnesota around midnight on the 3rd, just in time for the "polar vortex" of arctic air to come in. As I am typing this the base temperature is -19 degrees (feels like -44 with windchill) and is expected to keep dropping. Governor Dayton cancelled school tomorrow with record temperatures possibly down to -30 base temperature. That is over a 100 degree swing people! 100 degree difference between this week and last. I think my body is in shock and we are all set up to hibernate through the weekend. Church was even cancelled for the extreme cold today. We're planning to do all of the below freezing experiments with the kids tomorrow. Stay tuned for videos of hammer bananas and boiling water freezing mid-air. It should be fun.
3 comments:
Been thinking about you! Still sunny and warm here, 73 degrees today. :)
Oh man, I wish I would've seen your experiments before it starting up into positive temps again. We are loving Wisconsin! School was cancelled for two days here too.
Emily Nolte
I mean "started"
Post a Comment