Saturday, April 6, 2013

For-ev-er

There's a scene in a movie from my childhood, The Sandlot, where a boy tells a story and says the word, "forever".  As he's saying it, the movie goes into slow motion and the "forever" really seems to last, well, forever.  Anyways, when I think of winter this year I think of that scene and it feels like we are in slow motion making this winter last for-ev-er!  I took this picture a few weeks ago.  It is only a mile from our house which makes it seem like we live in the country.  Our town is mostly developed but we do have a few farms close by that can be quite picturesque.  I love driving home and seeing the hay bales covered in snow, but now it's time to move on.  Spring is finally here.  The snow has mostly melted (although it did snow again yesterday but didn't stick this time). 

I got to run outside a few times this week which feels great and terrible all at once.  It's great to be outside, moving, getting fresh air, and seeing sings of spring budding.  Terrible because it is much harder to run outside and make my body move (especially through the pouring rain) than on a treadmill.  All winter long I've been on that treadmill and thinking I was getting pretty fast as I upped my speed with the push of a button.  Not so.  I am as slow as before when it comes to running outside.  But I'm running.  9 miles today. 21 for the week- and that's something even if I am slow.  Ragnar is less than 2 weeks away whether I'm ready or not.   With only 2 weeks for outdoor training I hope I'll survive my 16.3 miles and not feel like The Sandlot  movie running in slow motion for-ev-er.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...