Sunday, September 18, 2011

Anna turns 6!

It's hard to believe my little Anna Katherine is now 6 years old!  Yet, at the same time she's so mature and has been talking about her birthday for the past 6 months, so it's also hard to believe she's only 6 years old.  Anna has always been a sweet girl and such a peacemaker, and we feel very lucky to have her in our house.  

This year she asked for a coloring party since she likes coloring so much.  I turned it into a colors/ artist party and it turned out great.  I found mini easels (thanks for my friend Sara) at Michaels and wrote each of the kids names on them for their place settings.  I also put down butcher paper for each of their work spaces with their paints and supplies and it turned out supper cute.  When the party started it was so quite because all the girls were concentrating so hard on painting their bird houses.  It's amazing the difference between a girl and boy party!  Later they each made several of their own crayons in different shapes that we put in a box to take home.  Add in lunch, presents, cake, and some play time and we had one successful party.  


I opted to make rainbow cupcakes instead of a cake this year to stick with the "color" theme.  I used this recipe and they turned out great.  I even found little crayon-pick toppers and rainbow candles to top them all off.  They were so fun and the kids loved the colors.  We will definitely be making these again.


I love you my sweet Anna Katherine!  Our family just wouldn't be the same without you.

4 comments:

Jeff & Melissa said...

Those cupcakes are so cool! You always amaze me, Niki!

marian said...

What a great idea for a party Niki! I'll have to file it away for Nora (our current artist in residence).

Janis said...

HAPPY BIRHDAY ANNA!!! You are so lucky to have a creative mom to put this party together. Those cupcakes do look tasty.

The Rines Family said...

Awesome party idea! My kids would love something like that- you are such a wonderful mom with all your great ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...