Wednesday, April 6, 2011

End of Spring Break

By Friday of Spring break we needed to do some cleaning around the house so we spent the morning cleaning and then headed to the library (we didn't make it to the library earlier in the week). By the evening I decided that I needed a date with Mike more than the kids needed another activity. We met Matt & Erin at Khan's Mongolian BBQ for dinner and then headed over to Grand Slam Sports for some mini golf and arcades. It was nice to get out and have spend some time with adults after a week with the kids home all day.

Saturday and Sunday we listened to General Conference and got to hear our Prophet speak. It is always so uplifting and gives me a new desire to do better as a wife, mother, and friend. We have several "conference traditions" and the kids really look forward to this special weekend too. Here they are watching conference (on the computer) with their conference packets and eating M&M's. On Monday we did a review of conference for Family Home Evening and I was impressed with how much they remembered from all the talks. Mike is downloading the audio files of conference onto my phone so I can listen to them again around the house or in the car. I'm going to try and listen to them all again before next conference.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...