Yesterday was a sad day.
Camille has started to lose her hair! I was pretty sure this would happen but I was just hoping it wouldn't. As you have seen in previous pictures I like to glue (with Karo syrup) bows in my babies hair. I know some people that don't like this but I think they're cute. Well, yesterday I noticed her bow was out of place so I went to fix it and as I took it off (FYI I do this very carefully with water and usually they just slide right off) a section of hair came out too. Aaahhhh! I'm talking several long pieces of hair. I begin to wish I hadn't been so vain and glued a bow in and semi-understood why people don't like them. I took a wet paper towel (I was in the kitchen) and started to clean the rest of the syrup off and it was like I was wiping her hair right off! AAAAHHHH! The thought crossed my mind that the syrup had somehow destroyed her hair but upon further wiping I realized that hair all over her head was just coming out. It wasn't the syrup it was just hair loss. So, so, terribly sad...
On another note: I went to update our family sticker (at the bottom of the blog) to add Camille. While I was at it, I simply clicked on a new body for the "mother" and took away my prego belly. If only it were that simple!
Melody + Corbin Engagement
5 years ago

5 comments:
Camille is still so adorable! Are you loving every minute?
I love the little bow glued to the head. It is so sweet.
That is SO funny! Alex was born with a lot of black, curly hair. It never did fall out (except the bald spot on the back of his head from laying on his back), but it did slowly turn blonde and straight. Really weird! My other babies didn't ever lose any hair. You probably shouldn't have used Karo syrup- I've heard it contributes to hair loss as a baby, and later in life. No I'm just joking around with ya. I did it with my little girl daily!
As you know, I'm not a big fan of gluing bows, but I am so sorry about her hair!! I have to admit that I laughed, but I can imagine wiping her head and having hair come off -I would freak out! At least you know it wasn't your fault, and you can keep on gluing! :) She's cute no matter what.
Maybe if I had glued bows on my girls heads they would be willing to keep in hair accessories. So sad. My girls never lost their hair, but hair or no Camille is such a cutie! And have you tried KY jelly instead of Karo?
AHH I know it's so sad! Janie has a big bald spot on the back of her head with a little MULLET nderneath it. And I find her little hairs in her crib. I think her new hair is coming in blonde! A fondue party sounds great, let's do it!
Post a Comment