Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's Official- I'm a mom!

No I haven't had the baby early although that would be nice since I'm not exactly comfortable anymore. We purchased our first minivan yesterday! I have never been a big fan of the minivan and always associated it with older moms (ie my mom). Well, with baby number three due in a month the time has come for me to make the leap into official mom status. I do realize having two kids previously also qualifies as official but somehow for me the van makes it real. We went back and forth on what to get and ultimately Mike's years of frugality influenced my decision and we opted for a 2000 Honda Odyssey. It does have all the power features I wanted (seats, windows, automatic sliding doors, etc.), is in great shape, and we got a sweet deal. So I am now officially an older mom.

6 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

You are not old! I felt that same way when we got our minivan (feeling very mom-ee), and I loved the feeling. The minivan is my dream car. Congrats on the sweet deal and the awesome van!

Carebear said...

Welcome to the club! That's funny, I didn't even notice it - you'll love having an odyssey - we love ours.

Julie W said...

Wow, we are old!
I need to see a picture of you driving down the road to truly believe it!

bloggin mom said...

Congrats on the big purchase. Don't you love it? Can't wait to see it.

Jeff & Melissa said...

Yeah seriously, where are the pics??? I'm with Julie, I need to see it to believe it. Although I have heard that if you do get a minivan, the Odyssey is the only way to go :) Congrats!

House of Payne said...

I know what you mean! But our minivan is Jeff's company car- so I still get to drive our Yukon! Great for the winter weather!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...