Sunday, June 22, 2008

Trip to California

Well, I had a wonderful trip to California last week. I've been meaning to post about it but had such a busy week when I got back it has taken awhile. It got off to a rough start when one of my flights was canceled causing me to have to take an extra flight (3 total) and finally arriving in CA around 2am (4am central time)! It did give me extra time to read Eclipse (which I've now finished) and I didn't have the kids with me so it could have been worse.

All my siblings came in town for Jenna's graduation. Here we are sitting in the stands. We brought In-N-Out (the best hamburger place ever) for dinner and ate it in the stands while we were waiting for the graduation to start. We also brought cards & got in a quick game of Oh-Heck before everything got started. My grandpa also came down for the graduation and it was fun to see him.





























I had a great time catching up with my family and getting a break from the kids. We went to Balboa Park, Science Museum, & Old Town. We had great food & played a lot of games. One Settlers Game (with Cities & Knights expansion) got pretty intense! If any of you have ever thought of me as competitive- you should play with my brothers! Yikes!

Here we are at a fun Mexican restaurant in Old Town.




























I also got to go to lunch with some friends from high school. We had a great time laughing, eating, & catching up on what everyone has been up to.














It was a great trip but also nice to come home & see my wonderful family. The kids made me a card & bought flowers to surprise me. They had a lot of fun with Dad (going bowling, renting movies, biking to parks, & extra treats) but they were still very happy I was home. It's nice to be loved!

2 comments:

emily said...

you made mark so nostalgic looking at all your poway pictures! he was so happy to "see all those good ol' Poway families together"--he says he misses you guys! looks like you had a great trip!

The Prigmore Family said...

It was fun to see you! I hope you are doing well. I can't believe Jenna graduated! Wow.

PS~ thanks for your commenting! You're my tried and true commenter now. Don't drop the ball. hehee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...