Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Spaghetti = Bath Night

I was at a baby shower a few months ago and they asked for advice for the new parents. Here's one tidbit for those of you with very young children and haven't experienced this yet...
Only serve spaghetti on a bath night. I know my kids are messy eaters since a large portion of their meals ends up on their clothes, faces, and the floor but in our house spaghetti is the worst of all. We all love spaghetti and it is a very quick and easy meal, so naturally we have it fairly often. I just always try to make sure it falls on a bath night. The sauce not only stains clothes but it will put an orange ring around the kids mouths too. I guess it is kind of like when you feed an infant carrots or sweet potatoes and they look a little jaundice afterwards except it is worse. We are still working on how to teach an almost 5 year old & 2 1/2 year old how to get those long noodles into their mouths without the sauce all over the face. I guess I'd rather have messy but good eaters rather than picky but clean ones so for now we'll just keep spaghetti night a bath night:)

5 comments:

steveandjonelle said...

I am collecting advice for new parents. Thanks for the good tip! I will keep that in mind.

Jessica 7 said...

I think their faces look good orange. ;) Anna's hair is getting so long! I miss them. Can't wait until summer!

Love,
Jess

Kara said...

Yea, I am so glad you found us. I have been wondering if anyone in the family had a blog. Now we can keep in touch. How are you? We are doing good here in Colorado. Talk to you later.

Cecy said...

Good idea to plan it for bath night! I usually go so far as to cook elbow noodles instead of string noodles for my kids just so I don't have to deal with SO much mess! Cute kids!

Jen said...

I'm glad we're not the only ones with a 5 year old who still gets all messy with spaghetti! I wonder when they get better at that? Cute pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...