Hello! Yes, I am still here, but just enjoying a busy summer and not opening my computer much. I have tons of pictures I need to get on here- from my garden, our fun visit with Jeff and Natalie, Natalie's first camping trip, soccer games, and cute Bubby pics. Also, our grass did recover in case you were wondering- I know that post has been up for quite awhile.
But today's post is a bragging one. I just got back from a 7 mile run and can hardly believe I did it! I mentioned before I'm training for a 1/2 marathon in October but I've been stalled out at 5 miles. Today my good friend, Barb, convinced me I could do 7 and I did! It took her encouragement, 1 potty break at a park, 2 walking water stops (we planted them ahead of time), and the 13 Articles of Faith but I made it. The last mile was tough but Barb mentioned sometimes during long runs she'd sing kids songs to herself or say the Articles of Faith slowly for each step. We tried the 13 Articles of Faith going back and forth and it got me though. It was pretty funny saying them 1 word at a time but it kept my mind off running and we were done before I knew it. I'm so grateful for good friends! Now I just need to almost double that length- I have 12 weeks- sometimes I think I'm crazy- but today I think I just may be able to do it.
Melody + Corbin Engagement
5 years ago

3 comments:
That's awesome Niki! Brayden and I have been running lately but I don't think I could do 7 miles right now! Way to go!
WOW! That's all I have to say!! :)
OH man Nikki - fantastic job!
Post a Comment